BEFORE YOU BUY
You should consider meeting with your bank or mortgage broker to come up with a budget for your new home. Consider additional costs associated with your new home purchase including: upgrades, closing costs, lawyer fees, as well as moving costs. Setting your initial affordability expectations leads to the beginning of a positive search for you new home. You next step is to consider your wants and your needs when selecting your new home and discuss these with one of our Sales Representatives.
PREPARING FOR YOUR COLOUR SELECTIONS APPOINTMENT
Consider keeping a folder with photos and magazine pages, or from a digital perspective, start a Pinterest board or Instagram folder dedicated to the latest decorating colour schemes and trends that have inspired you. Bring your questions, pictures and samples along with photos and measurements of current furnishings which you would like to incorporate into your new home. Feel free to take photos of the selections you do make for future reference and stop by the colour selection studio anytime to familiarize yourself with the features and finishes available.
PRIOR TO CLOSING DAY
There are a few items that require your attention before you receive your keys, your customer care specialist will be intouch to remind you of the following:
- Arrangement to for a date and time to pick up your new keys
- Arrange for new home insurance
- Register your kids at their new schools
- Call the utility companies (water, hydro and gas) approx.. 2 weeks prior to closing date to setup your accounts as well as arrange for cable and phone hook-ups.
- Complete a change of address card at the post office and let your friends and family know your new address and phone number
- Renew your driver’s license and auto registration with your new address
Moving can be overwhelming, here are some good tips to prepare for the move as well as packing:
- give yourself time to contact a few reputable moving companies for quotes approx. two months before your scheduled move
- arrange for daycare or pet sitting services on moving day if you need to
- Label each box indicating in which room it should go to and whether it is fragile
- Carry your important documents, money and jewelry with you.
- For kids; pack toys and games separately that can keep them busy during moving day
- Medicines should be packed in leak-proof containers